Friday, February 11, 2011

John Lasseter Gets 'Car'formed! [100th Post!]

Everyone knows John Lasseter, the Chief Creative Officer at both Pixar and Disney, and of course, the director of the upcoming hit of the summer, Cars 2. I've always been a big admirer of him, and I am sure many others have too. So I am happy to announce that Mr. Lasseter himself will have a cameo in Cars 2! He will play none other than John Lassetire, the car version of himself.

Not much is known about John Lassetire at the time, although there isn't very much to know. He will have only one line in the whole film (as Lee Unkrich did last year in TS3..."New toys!"...sound familiar?) but even though it is just one, simple line, it still means a lot to John (Lasseter) and his admirers.

John Lassetire is said to be the the pit crew chief of one of the many racecars in the World Grand Prix. He is described as a good ol' yellow American pick-up truck.

His own cameo was actually a complete surprise to Mr. John Lasseter, and this is what he had to say on the subject:

"It was news to me. I did not know about that, so I was a little surprised. I ended up voicing this character. It was just one line, but now I have a ‘Cars’ character. I’m very excited about that. He’s a good ol’ American pick-up truck, which I think is very appropriate for John Lassetire."

See John Lassetire on the big screen when Cars 2 makes its debut in theaters on June 24!


Also, this is completely off topic, but this is Pixar Corner's 100th post! I am very happy that I have been able to continue this blog for nearly a year now, and I have REALLY enjoyed writing about Pixar on the Internet. Let's hope for another 100 posts and even more in the future!



Photo credit: The Pixar Blog

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

why not:)