Monday, October 18, 2010

The Legendary Pixar Cereal Bar


This post is all about the cereal bar seen above (In case you don't know, that's the cereal bar at Pixar), and, as I mentioned two posts ago, contains all the information I know about it. Too bad I don't know very much. Well, I know a bit...

Well, apparently Pixarians love cereal, so it's great that they have a whole cereal bar. According to an interview with Darla K. Anderson (the producer of Monsters, Inc., A Bug's Life, Cars, and Toy Story 3) in this video, "the producer's secret weapon to get things done on time and on budget is to keep infusing the animators with cereal". In the same video, Bob Whitehill says "cereal is always kind of like a tradition at Pixar where people just come in and have a bowl of cereal before they go off into animation".

Not only does Pixar have a cereal bar, but it has a HUGE cereal bar. At least it's described as "HUGE" everywhere I've heard or read about it. It ranges from Cocoa Puffs, Cinnamon Toast Crunch, Captain Crunch, Cheerios, Corn Pops, Frosted Flakes, and many more! I've just listed a few of my personal favorites.

The "Cereal Room", the room in which the cereal bar is found, not only includes the bar, it also includes coffee, peanut butter, jam, milk (of course), fruits, and other appetizing snacks and beverages.

Well, and that concludes my awesome post about the awesome cereal bar of awesomeness. I may be writing a post soon about some other cool stuff at Pixar, and if you have any requests, you can put them in the comments section and I'll be happy to write a post about it. :)

Coming Soon: The Marvelous Music of Pixar

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

thanks alot (sarcasm)! now i feel like cereal!