Have you ever wondered how many people currently work at Pixar? Or how long it takes to make a Pixar movie? Or how many toys are in Toy Story 3? Well, I've gone around the Internet and read my Pixarpedia and tried to answer a lot of those curious questions as best as I could. A lot of the answers are estimates, because it would be almost impossible to get the exact answers to everything. So I encourage you to read on, and let all (or at least most) of your questions about Pixar be answered!
- Around 1200 employees...or more...work at Pixar Animation Studios.
- The average Pixar movie usually takes 4 to 5 years to create...or in other words, about 1460.97 to 1826.21 days.
- As many people know, Pixar has made 11 films up to date, and will release their 12th film, Cars 2, on June 24, 2011.
- Pixar's highest grossing film, Toy Story 3, earned an estimated $1,063,171,609 at the box office. It became the 5th highest grossing film of all time, the #1 animated film of all time, and the highest grossing film of 2010.
- John Lasseter has directed 4 of Pixar's films to this day, and is set to make his 5th debut as director this year with Cars 2.
- So far, there are 9 hilarious Cars Toons, and more will be released in the years to come.
- Randy Newman has scored 6 Pixar movies, including all 3 Toy Story films.
- John Ratzenberger, considered Pixar's 'lucky charm', has voiced 9 Pixar characters, including Hamm the piggy bank and Mack the truck.
- Ever since the Best Animated Feature Film award was introduced to the Oscars in 2001, Pixar has been nominated 8 times, and has won 6 times.
- Not only has Pixar made many fantastic feature films, but the company has created 19 ground-breaking short films, their most recent being Day & Night. Their 20th short, Hawaiian Vacation, will be played in front of Cars 2.
- Pixar has received 10 Academy Award nominations for their short films, and has won 3 times.
- Pixar was founded in 1986, so the company has existed for 25 years.
- Russel, the 8 year-old wilderness explorer from Up, has over 40 badges!
- In Pixar's Ratatouille, the word 'rat' is used 51 times!
- Sulley, the big, blue, furry monster from Monsters, Inc., has around 2,137,000 hairs in total!
- Carl Fredricksen from Up uses about 10,000 to 20,000 balloons to lift his house up into the air!
- In Toy Story 3, Andy only has 12 toys left...but at Sunnyside Daycare, there are probably over 100 toys!
- In Pixar's Cars, there are, of course, over 200 cars seen in the film...probably a lot more!
- There are exactly 96 days left until the North American theatrical release of Cars 2!!!
Of course, those are only a few of Pixar-related facts, because well, with numbers, Pixar always goes.........
To Infinity, and Beyond!