Thursday, June 9, 2011

A Look at the Cars 2 Soundtrack!


Everyone knows that not only does Pixar make great movies, but they get great artists, musicians, and composers to create tons of awesome music that goes great with their films! I even once wrote a whole post about this subject, called The Marvelous Music of Pixar.

Cars 2 will feature contributions of music from various artists, and of course, the score is being composed by the very talented Michael Giacchino.

Here are all of the songs which will be featured in the film:

You Might Think - performed by Weezer; new version of The Cars' hit from the 1980's

Collision of Worlds - performed by Brad Paisley and Robbie Williams; duet

Mon Caeur Fait Vroum (My Heart Goes Vroom) - performed by BĂ©nabar; co-written by Michael Giacchino

Nobody's Fool - performed by Brad Paisley; written by Paisley

Polyrythm - performed by Japanese girl group Perfume

My two personal favorites from this selection of songs are definitely "You Might Think" (which you can listen to here) and "Polyrythm", although I haven't even heard the full version of "Polyrythm"!

Also, Micheal Giacchino's score will be running through the entire film to make the Cars 2 even more exciting. Don't forget, Giacchino also scored various other Pixar films, including The Incredibles, Ratatouille, and Up. I've heard little snippets of his work for Cars 2, and it sounds fabulous! From what I've heard, I'm really liking one of the tracks from the very beginning, "Turbo Transmission".

The Cars 2 soundtrack will be available for digital download and physical CD on June 14! The movie hits theaters soon after on June 24, in exactly 15 days!

2 comments:

Mike Nuy said...

Wow Al!!!
I really enjoyed the "You Might Think" Track!
I listened to it at least 100 times.
Keep it up!

Al said...

@Mike Nuy: It's catchy, isn't it? I've also listened to it like 100 times...over, and over again. Thanks for all the encouragement!